Saturday 9 July 2011

We Should Cocoa: Apricot Chocolate Bites



This month’s We Should Cocoa is hosted by Chele at the Chocolate Teapot.  This month’s ingredient we have to incorporate into something special was apricots.  Last month’s bumper strawberry round up can be found here!

I recently bought my sister a set of alphabet cake moulds from this lovely website after I fell in love with the set that I won from Sarah-Jane’s blog.  I also picked up this cute little silicone chocolate mould and I’ve been waiting to find something to do with it.  So this is what I came up with.



Ingredients:-
50-80gr good dark chocolate
8 small dried apricots
2tbsp cake crumbs

Method
1, Melt the chocolate and paint the inside of the chocolate moulds.  Chill these in the fridge until set and then give them another layer before chilling again.
2, Whilst the chocolate moulds are chilling, cut rounds from the apricots that are the same diameter as the base of the mould.  I used a piping tip to do this.  Separate each round into two little circles of apricots and chop up the off cuts of apricots
3, Mix the apricot off cuts with the cake crumbs and a teaspoon of the melted chocolate.  This should make it sticky enough to press together.
4, Remove the mould from the fridge and press in a tiny bit of the crumb/chocolate/apricot filling into each one, keeping a gap at the top big enough to…
5, …Press in one of the apricot rounds sticky side down, cover with chocolate and chill again.  
6, Chill these for a minimum of 30 minutes before turning out and serving.

Please note the amounts I used are pretty approximate for 15 small chocolates.  It was one of those creations where you don’t really write down the amount of each component you use!

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What an inspiring idea for We Should Cocoa- I really would love to eat one of those right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate, they got polished off pretty quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ! I didn't realise you had got a set for your sister. I love the alphabet set and hope you are having loads of fun with yours.

    Nice job with the little chocolates. They'e turned out very pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little chocolates are delightful! A good combination and they look so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously yummy. I think I could eat 15 of these on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful chocolates, I bet they taste good. They look really professional too - nice moulds. Thanks for participating :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely delicious! I might have to try these out at some point. Thanks for the follow, I am now following back!
    from Natasha at The Rambles and Shambles blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmmmm - do you think a few of these babies and a hot chocolate would be a bit of a chocolate overload?? Lovely stuff ;0)

    ReplyDelete