Saturday 23 October 2010

Chocolate and Ginger Brownies


Apparently, there are two camps when it comes to brownies.  Those who like the sticky fudgy ones and those who are more inclined towards the cakey ones.  I, firmly, sit on the fence.  Best of both worlds. 

These are definitely for ‘Camp Cakey’


Ingredients

125gr salted butter
125gr plain/dark chocolate
125gr light brown sugar
125gr plain flour
1 piece of stem ginger in syrup, finely grated
1tbsp of stem ginger syrup
2 tsp ground ginger (add more or less dependent on taste, I’d happily add 4tsp but I had to share these…)
2 eggs
3tbsp milk

Method

1, Melt the butter and chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water
2, Beat in the sugar and set aside to cool
3, Line a 7 inch square baking tin with baking paper (or foil and grease it) and preheat the oven to 180o/c
4, Stir into the cooled chocolate/butter/sugar, the ginger (grated, syrup and powder), then the eggs, then the flour and finally the milk, beating well after each addition.
5, Pour into the cake tin and bake for 15-20 minutes until just springy to the touch
6, Cut into square and serve hot or cold




5 comments:

  1. I think I'm a fence sitter too, but strongly on your side when it comes to added gingery-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look delicious! (And I love that plate!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for stopping by and commenting =D
    I love (strong!) ginger and chocolate as a combination so brownies were a natural choice! They do actually go a bit fudgier after a couple of days in an airtight container too!
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Oh, Oh I hadn't thought of adding ginger to a brownie ... how did I miss such a fantastic combination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer gooey to cakey but do like the ginger addition - yum.

    ReplyDelete