Sunday 3 October 2010

Apple and Cinnamon Bread

I picked this Wessex Mill flour up in a local farm shop, it’s not milled locally but it smells amazing! It’s literally a strong bread flour with cinnamon, dried apple pieces and dried apple powder. 



I was up stupidly early this morning.  I cut off a slice, before resolutely slumping myself in front of my laptop for the frenzy that was about to ensue at 9am.  Glastonbury ticket sale day.  


Ingredients
500gr of apple and cinnamon flour

7gr  dried packet yeast or the fresh equivalent
1tsp salt
1tsp golden caster sugar
2tbsp olive oil (or melted butter)
320ml lukewarm water

Method
1, Mix the dry ingredients together well and stir in the olive oil, quickly add the water and bring together to form a dough
2, Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic
3, Pop the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave somewhere warm for 1-2 hours until the dough has doubled in size.
4, Turn the dough back out onto a floured surface and knock it back with your fist.  Give it another quick knead, only for a couple of minutes.
5, Line or grease a 900gr loaf tin and pop the dough inside.  Cover that with greased cling film and return to a warm place until it has filled the loaf tin nicely.
6, Preheat oven to 220o/c and bake for 20-25mins until golden and when the bottom of the loaf is tapped is should sound hollow. 



(We got our Glastonbury tickets by the way... After three hours... Phew!)


5 comments:

  1. Hi! This is my first time here and I wanted to tell you your blog is so cute! The design is fabulous and recipes interesting.I wish I could find apple and cinnamon flour here in Italy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the bread helped with your frenzied day - it sounds delicious indeed - I can just smell that cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, you got the tickets, many congrats!!

    I was there the 2009, such good craic like :-)

    The food is awesome too, super blog, keep up the good work :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for the lovely comments!

    I always used to make normal cinnamon bread by just adding a couple of teaspoons of ground cinnamon into normal bread flour, makes the house smell amazing!

    Can't wait for 2011, worth the over the top ticket price and a waste of a sunday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bread looks tasty but.. Apple cinnamon flour?! AMAZING. I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete