Friday 24 August 2012

Peach Loaf Cake

I went on a bit of a peach bender.

Making peach ice lollies, blending them into my morning smoothie (more on that obsession later...), revelling in their thick ripe smell when walking into the kitchen...

...and baking them into soft peach loaves.

Ingredients

150gr butter
125gr golden caster sugar
2 eggs
25ml almond liqueur
160gr self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
Small pinch of salt
2 peaches, stoned and chopped into chunks around 2cm squared

Method

1, Line a small loaf tin (I used this one - medium sized) with parchment paper and preheat your oven to 160o/c.
2, In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3, Beat in the eggs, liqueur and a tablespoon of the flour to prevent curdling.
4, Fold in the rest of the flour gently until you have a smooth batter.
5, Fold in the chopped peaches and spoon the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
6, Bake for 45-55 minutes until lightly coloured and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
7, Cool completely before serving.

13 comments:

  1. A lovely rustic loaf cake :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaches can be kind of addictive. This does look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil, ended up with punnets of the things!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea, I have a beautiful box of peaches, I may try this today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jude, love all of your peach recipes too!

      Delete
  4. This sounds and looks delicious. I could eat a slice right now but will have to wait till later after I have made it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of baking peach into a cake, something I've never done before! The texture looks beautifully soft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thelittleloaf, I've never baked peaches into cakes before either but it worked really well, especially baking for a longer time on a lower heat.

      Delete
  6. I love this post, especially the beginning about you going on a peach bender.....brilliant! I have just made some mini loaf cakes myself. I think yours looks marvellous :))x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura :) I'd wholeheartedly recommend a peach bender!

      Delete
  7. i would love a slice of that, its nearly stone fruit time here in melbourne :)

    ReplyDelete