Monday, 18 February 2013

Q & A (a day)

I've been struggling with inspiration recently. A kind of writer's block of sorts. I sometimes try and give you a little more than "I had some apples, so I made a pie".

Someone told me that I should keep a journal or diary as it will help boost my creativity levels. I'm not big on sharing my deepest darkest with paper so went for an alternative.

This little 5 year journal poses you questions every day. Some are light and airy (What colours are you wearing? 7th April ) to the more profound (If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be? May 18th). It's also a handy size, measuring in at 11cm x 16cm x 3cm (w x h x d) so is perfect for slipping in your handbag.

I think 10th April will be an easy to fill entry.

Do you keep a journal or a diary? Does it help your creativity or is it a good outlet for the stresses of everyday life?

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this. I love the idea of having a little tiny snapshot of each day, even if you don't write much more than the answer to the question. I am getting on Google and buying one today.

    I hope you are feeling more inspired again soon but I think all creative people have lulls - think of it as recharging your batteries :-) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny. It's perfect because you can choose how much detail to fill in. Time is the perfect healer for such lulls :)

      Delete
  2. I study graphic design, so i'll find it hard not to travel around with a sketchbook. and when i forget, I sometimes scramble for paper jsut to jot down that quick bit of idea that comes along! I have my creative lulls though, FULLY UNDERSTAND OH GOSH, just get out and do sth different :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shu Han, I normally note things down on my phone as I have no memory capacity for remembering little ideas! It's reassuring to have dips in inspiration sometimes, I think some people are like machines!

      Delete
  3. I love this! i want one!
    i too find it hard sometimes not to wirte "this is what i ate for dinner tonight" which is as tepid a subject as "i had apples, i made a pie', don't you think?
    when i get stuck i imagine i'm writing a column for a food magazine, where that sort of thing wouldn't wash, and it helps me find a new angle to approach my subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you e/dig in! Glad you've bought one, they are a lot of fun! I don't have a problem with the whole "i had apples etc", but it gets boring for me sometimes, like a set template for a blog post. I love reading about people, their lives and their funny stories!

      Delete
  4. I know the feeling and think we all must suffer from this. Sometimes te writing just isn't there and I find it better to sit & wait it out. It seems to come back when it's ready! This journal is a wonderful idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I've got the blog posts down - its just the writing to fill it all up! I'm sure it'll come back properly with time, enjoying the peace and tea while I wait :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds wonderful- what an interesting range of questions! May have to get myself one of these :) x

    ReplyDelete