Sunday 4 March 2012

Homemade by You - Bake Club

Two years ago I never thought I would be immersed in such a diverse community that is based around a single love of food. And for me - one of the perks of food blogging is meeting people that wouldn't normally.

Homemade by You is a baking club founded by Fleur of Homemade by Fleur and I, luckily, living in the next town along from her - had the pleasure of attending. You can read Fleur's right up of Homemade by You here.

Here are some of the goodies that people brought along. I was lovely being able to talk to people face to face about their cakes, learn new decorating and baking techniques and hear the story behind them.

The impressive spread!

Fleur's gorgeous Chocolate, Banana and Honeycomb loaf

No Bake Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Guiness Cake and Gateau au Chocolate Micro-Ondes (a beautiful microwaved chocolate cake!)

The piping and roses on these cupcakes are just so sweet!

Beautiful mini chocolate cheesecakes. Jim - probably the worlds number one cheesecake fan - loved the one I got to bring home with me!

My Lemon, White Chocolate and Black Pepper Muffins - Recipe will be posted tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Wow you got some fab photos of it all! It really was an impressive spread of cakes. I was thrilled with the effort every one went to. I put one of your scrummy muffins my bag the next day and it was just what I needed with my coffee. Thanks for writing it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brilliant fun and what gorgeous looking cakes. Am trying not to feel too envious but also wondering what is the limit to how much cake one can eat at a sitting!!!

    ReplyDelete